Founded on mining gold and silver Reno is now a city famed for the pursuit of wealth via slot machines and other casino favorites. It is in this city of good fortune where Tacoma Defiance will pursue their first road victory of 2019.
Reno 1868 are a playoff caliber squad who will challenge Defiance their high powered attack. Tacoma will garner a few reinforcements as Shandon Hopeau and Nick Hinds return from their duty with the Seattle Sounders.
Defiance also chose to stay on the road for the short journey from Sacramento to Reno so that they could get in extra training and rest in the pursuit of victory.
Reno 1868 FC notes
- 1868’s 56 goals score are third most in the USL Championship. They average 2.08 goals per match.
- Eight Reno players have four or more goals in 2019.
- UW Husky Brent Richards is 3rd on the team in minutes played. The former forward is now a regular at right back. He has two assists this season.
- Their preview.
Tacoma Defiance notes
- Defiance signed Mexican midfielder Herbert Robinson Garcia on Friday. Garcia last played in the Mexican third division for Coyotes de Tlaxcala where he scored 4 goals in 1,438 minutes in the most recent season. He played 31 minutes in Saturday’s loss.
- Tacoma also signed French defender Abdoulaye Cissoko, but won’t see him take the pitch this season. Cissoko is now on loan to San Diego 1904 in the NISA through 2019.
- Nick Hinds and Shandon Hopeau are back from their Short-Term Loan Agreement to Seattle Sounders FC. Hopeau earned his first MLS minutes when he entered in the 58th minute for Justin Dhillon.
- Alec Diaz is with the Puerto Rico National Team for Concacaf Nations League competition. The PRMNT faces Guatemala at 6:00 p.m. Tuesday. He played 2 minutes in a 4-0 friendly loss to Honduras.
MultiCare Pre-Match Health Report
Tacoma – Azriel Gonzalez (left foot fracture) and Antonee Burke-Gilroy (left hand surgery) are out.
How to Watch
Stadium: Greater Nevada Field, Reno, NV
Kickoff Time: Tuesday, September 10 (6:45 p.m.)
Away: Tacoma Defiance (5-16-5, -36)
Home: Reno 1868 FC (13-9-5, +9)