Defiance take a trip for a Saturday night match down south with the Fresno Foxes. The young Tacoma squad will have to cherish their opportunities against a Fresno team that is one of the best in USL Championship this season. The defiant attack must be able to lurk and pounce; becoming the very foxes they hope to match up with.
The first meeting between the two sides was an epic match in which Justin Dhillon drew Tacoma level in the 90th minute. Since that match, Fresno FC has surged to the two-seed and ended Phoenix Rising FC’s record 20-match winning streak.
The Foxes are 10-1-4, +16 at home with their only loss at Chukchansi Park coming against Sacramento Republic back on May 8. Tacoma Defiance are still searching for their first road win of 2019. Their record away from friendly Cheney Stadium is 0-12-3, -42.
Fresno FC Foxes notes
- Former Tacoma/S2 forward Qudus Lawal is their second leading scorer with 10 goals.
- 2016 Sounders draft pick and S2 midfielder Emir Alihodžićhas 1,071 in 19 appearances. He averages 8.5 defensive actions per match.
- Jamie Chávez is having his best season ever, with 12 goals already, passing his previous best of 10 with Miami FC (NASL) in 2017.
- Their preview.
Tacoma Defiance notes
- Of players signed to Tacoma Defiance Shandon Hopeau leads in appearances, starts, minutes, goals, and shots. He is second in assists and chance creation as well.
- Aleks Berkolds is in the top five of every tracked defensive category (clearances, blocks, interceptions, tackles, duels, and aerial duels) for Tacoma Defiance.
- Regular loanees to Tacoma Defiance, Alfonso Ocampo-Chavez and Danny Leyva made the USL 20 Under 20.
MultiCare Pre-Match Health Report
Defiance – Denso Ulysse is out due to a left leg stress fracture.
How to Watch
Stadium: Chukchansi Park, Fresno, California
Kickoff Time: Saturday, October 5 (7:30 p.m.)
Away: Tacoma Defiance (5-19-6, -47)
Home: Fresno FC Foxes (16-7-8, +19)